To have delicious grilled meats or other foods, you can’t know how to start a charcoal grill. But starting a charcoal grill is more complex than turning on a stove. Whether you take too much time or have no experience in lighting the charcoal, you can read three methods that the articles have shown below by Sunset Bar and Grill.
Some tips before you get started
If this is the first time you have worked with a charcoal grill, you should consider some tips which would be advantageous for you.
Choose the right charcoal
A charcoal brand has a vital role in lighting, which is difficult or easy depending on it. Nowadays, there are a lot of different kinds of charcoal to buy as Royal Oak Lump, and Rockwood Hardwood Lump, made from hickory, maple, and pecan wood. You can choose one of them to have rapturous grill meals.
Arrange the charcoal rationally
Every method will have another arrangement, for example, if you use lighter fluid, you will have a different way than newspapers. Although starting charcoal is much easier, you can not bump into your grill. Instead, you need to arrange the charcoal briefness for the best results.
Prepare things for lighting
One of the most important things you must notice is that swill your grill clean before starting charcoal whether you want to enjoy delicious food. You can skip this step in case of a brand-new grill. In contrast, you should wash it meticulously if you use an old charcoal grill. Remember to get rid of dust and bacteria before you get started to protect your health.
>>> Read more: How To Grill Steak On A Charcoal Grill Fast?
How to start a Charcoal Grill: 3 Simple methods for you
To start a Charcoal Grill, you can follow three methods:
Light a Charcoal Grill with a chimney
A chimney is the most popular and easiest way to heat charcoal. We will use an open flame to light the charcoal. From that, it creates a chimney effect and absorbs all of the oxygen into the coals.
To start the coals, you need to have firestarter cubes or newspaper or charcoal and do the steps:
- Fill the chimney with full charcoal and put some firestarter cubes on your grill.
- Start to light the cubes and put the chimney on the flame.
- Wait for 15 – 20 minutes until the coals convert to white color.
- When the flames have died, be careful to bump the hot coals into your grills and cooking.
Light a Charcoal Grill with newspapers
Lighting charcoal with newspaper is almost quick and easy by following the steps.
- Use some newspapers and twigs, wood chips, or sawdust to light.
- Wait until the flames have caught into the coals.
- After that, be careful to pour charcoals onto the grill.
- Finally, start cooking your meals, and remember that you need to take note not to put the lid on the grill because this action will put your fire out.
Light a Charcoal Grill with lighter fluids
If you don’t want to try both of the above methods, you can try to light a charcoal grill with lighter fluids.
- Be careful to coat the lighter fluids evenly on your coals.
- You must wait for 25 – 30 seconds so that the coals can absorb before lighting.
- Do not pour lighter fluids into your coals,
- Use a match or a grill lighter to fire the coals.
- When you realize the coals’ color changes to white, it means that they are ready to be used. Finally, start grilling with your meals.
These are some ways to introduce you to how to start a charcoal grill fast and safely. We hope that they are useful for you to cook many delicious foods.